Terms And Conditions Of Sale:
- We try hard to keep our listed pricing current. Prices may be subject to change at our discretion due to exchange rate fluctuations or supplier price changes. We reserve the right to cancel an order due to unavailability of stock or unexpected price changes.
- Sometimes, our website might overlook and still offer a product that has been discontinued or is no longer in stock with us or our suppliers. If you order a product that we are unable to supply due to these reasons please be understanding and patient with us. We will gladly offer alternative products and if we cannot supply what you need, we will gladly refund you.
- No goods will be shipped or released until we are happy that electronic funds transfers have cleared into our bank account.
Terms And Conditions Of Delivery:
- We will arrange delivery directly to you. Delivery lead times may depend on client location and availability of couriers.
- Estimated lead times will be from 2 to 3 working days after payment has cleared to us.
- We will do our best to get your goods to you sooner if possible.
- Delivery will only happen once funds have cleared into our bank account.
- We do not release goods on presentation of a proof of payment.
Warranty Related Issues And Queries:
For the most efficient warranty resolution procedures, please return your faulty or non working product to our physical store located in Claremont, Cape Town. We do our best to resolve warranty issues as quickly as possible. Standard warranty procedure must allow for up to a maximum of 2 to 3 weeks for resolution by repair or replacement.
- Instant swap outs can only be done within 7 days from date of invoice
- Swap out will only be approved if product is returned with full original packaging
- Swap out terms are based on replacement stock availability
- Refund only available within 7 working days from date of invoice
- CPA credit requests are applied only when approved by manufacturer
- CPA credit requests can only be processed within 6 months of invoice
- Credit requests can take up to 3 weeks outside of the 7 day return window
- This is a delay at the manufacturer, we do our best to speed this up
*Credit and refund can only be issued for faulty and unwanted products within a maximum of 7 working days from date of invoice. Products that are returned without complete and undamaged packaging (boxes and supporting documents, cables and accessories included) will not be eligible for credit. Please ensure that products are returned to us as close to original condition as possible to assist us in processing credits and refunds when required.
Free Delivery and Delivery Charges:
- We Deliver, Countrywide (South Africa Only)
- Products that qualify for free delivery will be marked accordingly under the product descriptions page
- Delivery fee will be calculated and charged at checkout where applicable
Detailed Company Terms And Conditions:
1. Detailed description of goods and/or services
Chaos Computers is a business in the Information Technology industry that sells and supports computer equipment.
2. Delivery policy
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 2 to 3 working days and delivery confirmed by way of email .
3. Export restriction
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
4. Return and Refunds policy
The provision of goods and services by Chaos Computers is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Chaos Computers will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 10% administration fee.
Chaos Computers shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569.
6. Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or by bank transfer into the Chaos Computers bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
7. Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Chaos Computers via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
8. Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Chaos Computers separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
9. Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Chaos Computers takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
11. Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Chaos Computers chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, Shop 1 Accrasion Center, 46 Belvedere Road, Claremont, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 7708 .
Chaos Computers may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
13. Company information
This website is run by B. Barnard (Sole Proprietor) based in South Africa trading as Chaos Computers and with VAT registration number 4280264906.
Blanco Barry Barnard
14. Chaos Computers contact details
Company Physical Address:
Shop 1 Accrasion Center, 46 Belvedere Road, Claremont, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 7708 .
Tel: 021 762 5651
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect visitor information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
We do not use Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders .
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Users are able to change their personal information:
• By emailing us
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email,
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
46 Belvedere Rd
Claremont, Western Cape 7708
021 762 5651