HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3835 All-in-One Printer
Get more done – while keeping your print costs low – with the easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet. Print affordably, using HP’s lowest-priced ink cartridges, and simplify tasks with this versatile, easy-to-use all-in-one with fax.
Get easy mobile printing.
Start printing and get connected quickly with easy setup from your smartphone, tablet or PC.
Connect your smartphone or tablet directly to your printer – and easily print without accessing a network.
Manage printing tasks and scan on the go with the free HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app.
Easily print from a variety of smartphones and tablets. Your pages come out great – even if you're not there.
Experience affordable at-home printing.
Print all the quality photos and documents you need for a great value with HP’s lowest-priced ink cartridges.
Get high-quality prints – time after time – using the world’s No. 1 printer brand.
Enjoy productivity on your terms.
Take charge of your tasks and finish in less time with the easy-to-use 5.5 cm (2.2-inch) display.
Quickly copy, scan and fax multipage documents with the 35-page automatic document feeder.
No need to wait – start printing right away with easy setup. Automatically connect to your wireless network.
Count on a product designed to fit your life.
Save your space with a compact all-in-one designed to fit on your desk, on a shelf or anywhere you need it.
Print in any room you choose – without causing disruptions. Optional quiet mode helps keep noise to a minimum.
- Print, copy, scan, wireless, fax
Print speed black:
ISO: Up to 8.5 ppm
Draft: Up to 20 ppm 3
Print speed color:
ISO:Up to 6 ppm
Draft:Up to 16 ppm 3
First page out (ready)
Black: As fast as 14 sec
Color: As fast as 17 sec
Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 1,000 pages
Recommended monthly page volume
100 to 300
HP Thermal Inkjet
Printer drivers included
Print quality (best)
Color: Up to 4800 x 1200 optimised dpi colour (when printing from a computer on selected HP photo papers and 1200 input dpi)
Black: Up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi
- 5.5 cm (2.2-inch) touch mono display
Number of print cartridges
2 (1 each black, tri-colour)
HP PCL 3 GUI; PCLm (HP Apps/UPD); URF (AirPrint)
Automatic paper sensor
- Yes, built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
Minimum system requirements
- Windows® 8.1, 8, 7: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft® Internet Explorer
- Windows® Vista®: 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft® Internet Explorer 8
- Windows® XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only): any Intel® Pentium® II, Celeron® or 233 MHz compatible processor, 850 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Microsoft® Internet Explorer 8
- OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite
- 1 GB available hard disk space
Compatible operating systems
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7
OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite
HP ePrint capability
Mobile printing capability
Wireless Direct Printing
512 MB DDR1, 128 MB Flash
512 MB DDR1, 128 MB Flash
Paper handling input, standard
60-sheet input tray
Paper handling input, optional
Paper handling output, standard
25-sheet output tray
Paper handling output, optional
- Manual (driver support provided)
Media sizes supported
Plain paper, photo paper, brochure paper, envelopes and other specialty inkjet papers
Media weights, recommended
Media weights, supported
A4: 60 to 90 g/m²; HP envelopes: 75 to 90 g/m²; HP cards: up to 200 g/m²; HP 10 x 15 cm photo paper: up to 300 g/m²
Dimensions and weight
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
450 x 364 x 224.4 mm
Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
450 x 572.9 x 270.7 mm (with trays extended)